Emojis have become an unavoidable part of the conversation in the era of social messaging. Unlike in earlier times, these emojis carry a great deal of burden to express what precisely a speaker wants to convey. Hence it becomes challenging for the developers to create one for each human expression, object, animal and many more. Here’s wishing a Happy world emoji day 2021 to these extraordinary means of communication and the creators of these graphically perfect expressions.
The world emoji day 2021 is celebrated on 17th July each year.
Emojis originated as emoticons in Japan in 1997. This emoji day is observed annually since 2014, and all thanks to the Jeremy Burge of Emojipedia.
There are specific events observable on this day but, there are none this year due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- In 2016, on World Emoji Day Red Carpet event was observed.
- Empire State Building was lighted emoji yellow on World Emoji Day in 2017.
- Cat faces got included in emojis in 2010.
- Flags of different nations got introduced to emojis in 2016.
- New emoji update 14.0 is due to be released on 14th September 2021.
- Unicode Consortium approved all the emojis each year.
Observation and Celebrations
- On this day, you can enjoy your online conversations with your friends and families using emoji for a change.
- Get emoji themed apparel and costumes for yourself.
- Share your favourite emoji on social media.
- Vote for your favourite emoji here.
- Explore all available emojis here.
- Check World emoji awards for each year here.
- The world appears half-done without emojis as they are our power to express. Wishing you a very Happy World Emoji Day.
- Emojis has the power to express good and bad feelings without using words or hurting anyone. Happy World Emoji Day 2021
- It seems impracticable to live without emojis because they have made life so much simpler and texting so much fun. Warm wishes on World Emoji Day.
- Every text message and chat is incomplete without an emoji in it. They have become an integral part of our lives.
- Too sluggish to typewrite what you are feeling? Just send an emoji and everything is sent in just one touch. Cheers to the power of emojis.
- “Emojis are good to express our emotions in a sticker form.” – John McWhorter
- Keep calm and use emojis as much as you want. They are free. Happy World Emoji Day!
- Emoji is the right choice when you cant decide the word and yet want to respond to the message sent to you. Happy World Emoji Day!
- It is tough to imagine a moment without emojis in our daily life. Happy World Emoji Day!
- “What makes emojis special is the fact that it has helped millions express themselves better than even the wide array of words in the oxford dictionary.” – Nancy Gibbs
That seems a lot of fun day to communicate with your loved ones with a visual depiction of your feelings and word. Hope you enjoy the world emoji day 2021 as much as you can.